Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- No support will be provided retroactively, i.e. to expenses linked to a Master’s or Ph.D programme that have already been implemented.
- The Foundation’s scholarship is only valid for the proposed programme of study at the academic institution specified in the application and only for the academic year for which the application is made.
How to Apply
- Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport in colour;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English);
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands;
- An official course description of the programme offered by the Host University;
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 15,000 for the academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form (the form can be downloaded in the application portal).
For further inquiries please see our FAQS or contact: email@example.com