The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation is a private, non-profit organisation which seeks to promote Euro – Arab dialogue through education, dialogue and cultural exchange based in The Hague, the Netherlands. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to help manage our scholarships department. The programmes intern will start per September 2023. The Foundation offers a variety of scholarships available to Dutch and Arab students and professionals with the primary goal of facilitating education exchange between Europe and the Arab world. You can find out more about all scholarships here.
Are you resourceful, pro-active, self-motivated and looking to gain broad experience? Are you willing to work on various tasks related to all programmes and administration of the Foundation? You will work with the Director and the Team and be involved in the general operations of the organization to support the Foundation. Your work will focus on event planning, maintaining and broadening partnerships, scholarship award programmes and fundraising, alongside daily administrative tasks. There may also be research tasks related to the programmes and the evaluation of completed projects organized by the Foundation.
Who are we looking for?
- Must be based in the Netherlands.
- With a HBO or WO degree or in the end phase of your studies either BA or MA in the field of International Relations, Cultural Studies, Communications, Middle Eastern Studies or other related field.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Available for 4 months, 2 days a week.
- Affinity with the Middle East and interest in the region is an asset.
- Microsoft Office and Outlook proficiency.
- Open mindset and good written and spoken communication skills.
- Organized and flexible working style.
What do we offer?
- An educational internship in a fast-paced environment.
- You would be involved in the various activities of the Foundation.
- A friendly working atmosphere in a small, dynamic team.
- A great network in the Netherlands and the Arab World.
- The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation can provide an allowance of Euro 125 per month as well as travel allowance. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We do require applicants to have a valid sofi or BSN number.
How to apply?
If you have an interest in culture and relations between Europe and the Middle East, are a team player, flexible, able to work independently and possess strong interpersonal skills then apply to join our team by sending your C.V. and cover letter as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.