The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation is a private, non-profit organisation which seeks to promote Euro – Arab dialogue through education, dialogue and cultural exchange based in The Hague, the Netherlands. We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to help manage our scholarships department. The scholarships intern will start per mid-January 2021.
The Foundation offers a variety of scholarships available to Dutch and Arab students and professionals with the primary goal of facilitating education exchange between Europe and the Arab world. You can find out more about all scholarships here. Each year we welcome new scholars who become part of our Foundation’s family and we are proud to contribute to their academic and professional journey! Not only do we aim to help these students during their studies through our mentorship programme and activities but also by keeping them involved as our alumni after the end of their scholarships. Are you willing to work on various tasks related to all scholarships of the Foundation? Are you resourceful, pro-active and self-motivated and looking to gain broad experience? You will work with the team on tasks related to scholarships as well as the general operations of the Foundation. The work is practical with a focus on:
- Processing and reviewing scholarship applications.
- Participating in the conduction of interviews with the applicants.
- Supporting the selection committee in making a decision, and corresponding with all scholarship seekers and applicants.
- Other tasks might include managing the alumni network, researching and evaluating the scholarship award programmes, and carrying out daily administrative tasks.
Who are we looking for?
- Must be based in the Netherlands.
- With a HBO or WO degree or in the end phase of your studies either BA or MA in the field of International Relations, Cultural Studies, Communications, Middle Eastern Studies or other related field.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Available for 4 months, 2 days a week.
- Affinity with the Middle East and interest in the region is an asset.
- Microsoft Office and Outlook proficiency.
- Open mindset and good written and spoken communication skills.
- Organized and flexible working style.
What do we offer?
- An educational internship in a fast-paced environment.
- You would be involved in the various activities of the Foundation.
- A friendly working atmosphere in a small, dynamic team.
- A great network in the Netherlands and the Arab World.
- The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation can provide an allowance of Euro 125 per month as well as travel allowance. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We do require applicants to have a valid sofi or BSN number.
How to apply?
If you have an interest in culture and relations between Europe and the Middle East, are a team player, flexible, able to work independently and possess strong interpersonal skills then apply to join our team by sending your C.V. and cover letter as soon as possible to email@example.com.
*The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation team and current working policy follow the guidelines provided by the RIVM and Dutch government in response to COVID-19.