- Candidates who are Arab students and/or professionals should be nationals from any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Candidates who are Dutch students and/or professionals should have Dutch nationality.
- The grant is open to Arab and Dutch students and/or professionals who have a clear academic and/or professional motivation in the areas of education, science and culture to travel to the Arab World or the Netherlands.
- The travel application is designed for Arab students or professionals seeking professional contact or experience in the Netherlands and vice versa, Dutch students or professionals seeking professional contact or experience in the Arab World.
- The goal of the travel must be to develop a better understanding of the history, culture, politics and people of the specific country and / or to collaborate with local stakeholders in the chosen country.
- The travel must have a preparation phase, preparing for the trip and should be followed-up during the trip or after return by sharing information with others in order to raise awareness.
- Fees specifically linked to the travel
- The Foundation’s travel scholarship only covers the expenses of the proposed and approved budget.
- No support will be provided retroactively, i.e. to expenses linked to travel that has already taken place.
- The scholarship is valid only in the year during which it is awarded.
- Applications should be submitted at least 3 months prior to the departure date
How to Apply?
- Please answer all the questions mentioned in the Travel Scholarship Application Form and send it back together with the necessary documents to email@example.com
- Download the Travel Scholarship Application Form.
Terms and Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions that are signed and scanned back to the Foundation as part of the Travel scholarship application, act as a contract between the Foundation and the Travel scholar.
- Download the Terms and Conditions.
The maximum amount of a Travel scholarship is 2.000€
Reporting, Evaluation and Communications
Within a month after completion of the travels for which the award is made the student shall submit a report to the Foundation of his/her experiences. The Foundation reserves the right to edit the report.
Criteria for the evaluation
- Innovativeness of the exchange
- The impact that the exchange will generate.